Thursday 31 July 2008

This morning I finished off the second Broadripple sock to get the pair done in my target time of a week which I'm rather impressed with. I'm putting my knitting energy into my second Pablo Blue sock, and casting on for another pair of Slalom socks, this time in some rather lovely purple Admiral Bambus. I'm quite taken with the idea of wearing something as unusual as bamboo on my feet, but I'm feeling rather uncertain about the amount of people who've told me that the Admiral yarns are often somewhat short on weight and yardage, and with my rather long feet and need for a slightly longer cuff due to my love of Converse all stars and Dr Martin boots I'm a little frowny about running out. However my not particularly great kitchen scales (wonderful for measuring out recipe ingredients, not so skilled at measuring tricky items like sock wool) seem to suggest that I might have a full skein. I think I shall still be knitting rather nervously towards the toe of sock number two I think.

This weekend also sees me going off on my jollies for a week to that paradise of yarn shops London. With a two hour train journey there, and another one back there should be plenty of opportunity for me to get stuck into my current sock projects. Not to mention the fact that I'll be dragging lsb to lots of lovely yarn shops and to meet lots of lovely London knitters. So I shall be going off the radar for a short while, but rest assured I shall be back soon. 

No comments: