Tuesday 29 July 2008

My attempt at an arty shot of the finished spiral socks. You can just about see the spiral round the side. 



 and then photos of my newly finished first Broadripple sock. The second one's well under way and it looks pretty good so far and knitting up very quickly, the downside to this being losing some of hardwearing quality of smaller gauge knitting. Though I could get used to the idea of knitting a pair of socks in under a week. I've also got my sock knitting mojo back and finally managed to shake off those oh so pesky random ladders that have been plaguing me for weeks. 

I've also been perusing the new Cat Bordhi book, while I love some of the stitch patterns (particularly the sock knitted in linen stitch, how did I ever miss that one?) and the concept of knitting a mini practice sock I'm not sure there's anything that really leaps out and demands to be knitted. I'm quite into the idea of playing with the location of the gusset and making a really unusual unique sort of sock, but how practical this would be I just don't know, it seems pretty cool though and maybe one for my more adventurous moods.

No comments: