Saturday 19 July 2008


Another part in my seemingly never ending series of knitting shots from the bowling green. This time I've managed to get two socks in the same but different places. In green my toe up pablo blue socks and in pink the second of my flamingo socks of my own design. After getting past the heel with the pablo blue I'm thinking that toe up is the way to go for me. And I'm suprised at how uncomplicated the process is, especially as the thought of a toe up sock has always been slightly out of my comfort zone for some reason. Today marks the start of my summer break, and although I'm ready for it I'm a bit sorry to have to be away from my placement for the next 4 weeks. I do intend though to use the next few weeks (once I've finished typing up a few things) to get a whole lot of knitting done, and hopefully while not breaking the bank quite a bit of yarn shopping in the capital. I'm also keen to do some more designing, I'll be the first to admit my current spiral sock isn't the most adventurous or interesting design but it has reminded me of my past and all the fashion design I did in my teens and although my not very good art skills stopped me from turning it into a career there's no reason why I can't turn my hand to a little designing in the privacy of my own little world.

No comments: