Thursday 24 April 2008

A very overdue update, I've finished my placement and about 5 minutes ago I finished my last essay of the year, it's now just awaiting printing off and handing in. I've also got five knitting er I mean reading weeks before I start my next placement - which actually sounds rather exciting (a community team for people with a history of disengaging from conventional mental health services).

I've managed to be quite productive in my time off, I finished the first rainbow sock but it's rather dull being stocking stitch throughout so I can't be bothered posting pictures right now. My next target's going to be finishing the second of my slalom socks, which I seem to have stalled on at about one and a half repeats down the leg. I genuinely love this pattern but given that lately my only free time in which to knit has been while travelling to and from work and the slalom sock is just a little too fiddly given that I have the memory of a fish (anyone remember Dory from Finding Nemo? Yep, that's me) so have to have something in which to keep count of my rows.  So with more than five minutes free time over the next few weeks I might actually get somewhere with the second sock and not feel quite so bad about the small amount of knitting I seem to be doing lately.

No comments: