Saturday 12 April 2008


Finally finished the first slalom sock (zero free time and too much academic work do not a happy knitter make). I'm rather enjoying this project if I'm honest and as well as looking rather effective, for anyone with a bit of prior sock experience it's easy enough. I've already got lsb tugging on my sleeve and making puppy dog eyes when he asks when he can have a pair of his own. And yes, that funny blue looking chap holding my sock is the one and only cookie monster, he seems happy enough holding that rather than a cookie or two, and I'm sure his creators would agree it's more in keeping with his new healthy image (whoever decided to blame cookie monster for the rising tide of obese American children needs a serious psychiatric consultation). Anyway I'm rather proud of myself today, not only did I get my sock finished off and cast on for the second one I also got out and went for a rather refreshing run in the brief period of time when it doesn't rain in Yorkshire.

No comments: