Friday 18 January 2008

i have to confess to being something of a naughty knitter over the past few days, as i'm sure i keep saying in the manner of a broken record i'm more than up to date with my university workload, and at times like this i tend to whip the needles out and delight on working for hours on a project with very little interruption or guilt that i should be doing something else. instead i've done very little knitting at all, i've had two study days this week, on which i have done small amounts of studying (but when my next assignment isn't due til april i'm sure most people would agree, the study can wait), i finished the first heel less sock on tuesday night in front of the tv and got the first 20 or 30 rows done on wednesday along with some more of the basketweave scarf while i had a "girlie day" with my mum (read: knitting, watching dvd from when dashing young actors played real men in real films with a real plot). today (i.e my other study day) i fully intended to crack on with a bit more work and try and conclude what i was doing yesterday and then reward myself with a little knitting before lsb got home, so far no such luck. but everything seems to be conspiring against me and telling me to just do some knitting. my video game crashed on me meaning i lost all my progress, so giving up on that i got my things together to go out for a run, no sooner had i reached out for my shoes but the heavens opened, if that's not fate trying to tell me something i don't know what is. back to the needles for an hour or so i think, and see if my luck changes.

No comments: