Saturday 17 January 2009


This would be my first of the now completed mittens on strings that I worked on during the week, very very simple to make and much warmer than gloves, which is quite vital this time of year as it's freezing up here in the north. The yarn's round about one ball of rowan polar I had in my stash left over from ice maiden. As for the pattern it's a hotch potch of two others, inspired by ash from rowan's little book of big accessories but the instructions for the mitts came from cocoknits mittenscarf, just minus the scarf. I've also just inherited last year's Debbie Abrahams' mystery blanket club kit (I'm saying nothing about my mother's ability to finish projects, I fear my yarn supply may be cut off if i do), there's still quite a bit to do before it's finished but it's actually very enjoyable, and while it's not such a mystery anymore it hasn't lost any of it's charm. The squares also noble perfect travelling projects for me as they're so portable, also with only a few stitches and rows needed to make each square I don't really have time to get bored, which is a huge problem at the moment, it's not that I'm not enjoying knitting anymore - I just have a very short attention span when it comes to trying to focus on one project only at the moment to clear some of the ufo's I've got on needles. Another thing I'm loving about the blanket is all the new techniques I'm getting to try, yesterday I cabled for the first time, and it was goood! More please.

No comments: