Tuesday 14 October 2008

I'm a bad knitter, and even worse blogger. I have assignments and textbooks coming out of my ears right now so I currently have even less free time than normal of late. The only things really getting done are my traveling sock projects - the latest of which is lsb's toefutsies socks, which are lovely. I started them late on Sunday night and have mainly been concentrating on them on my morning commute. I love the shade names South West Trading give these yarns, this one is shade 720, named "sweep you off your feet" which for those of you who are familiar with this yarn will know is a rather lovely combination of various blues, and those of you familiar with lsb will know he very rarely wants anything knitted that's not blue.

The first Conwy sock's been frogged and waiting to be re-knitted. Everything aside from the size seemed to be perfect, the decreases along the back of the leg on 2.25mm needles just seemed to make it far too small to fit my perfectly normal ankles and over my heel. I've decided instead to just forget about the shaping on the leg and stick with the original number of stitches. 

Last Friday was World Mental Health Day, which involved me spending the day at university doing all manner of odd and rather fun things in the name of promoting positive mental health. I was quite impressed by the hobby stall that had been set up, and while they didn't seem to have any knitting going on there were lots of other lovely crafty things like quilting on display.

No comments: