Tuesday 12 August 2008

That would be a photo of my other purchases from the London trip (Cherry Tree Hill, Spanish Moss, fabulous leopard print needles and Great Adirondack in a cooly named Eggplant Eddie colourway), the photo doesn't really show how bright and amazingly cool my ball of jelly yarn is. It's in colourway rasberry sorbet and it's the business I absolutely adore it and keep removing it from its home every time I venture upstairs to gaze at its pinky purple amazingness. I am however having to be very good until I can get to the bead shop to buy the charms to make it really funky. I've also been distracting myself from a variety of slightly more boring tasks by playing with my new toy - an umbrella swift. This also has the added effect of causing lsb to stare in wonderment at the swirling colours and watch the ball grow, and so forget that I'm not actually getting on with the enormous pile of washing that emerged from our collective suitcases this morning.

I must admit I was very, very glad to be back up north yesterday, if only for the comfort of my own bed and the lack of American tourists that seemed to fill the rest of the hotel. Though I'll admit I enjoy London (and its array of very nice yarn shops) it's so nice to be back in a place where shop assistants understand my accent and people get my humour.

On a lighter note I'm currently lusting after the gorgeous new Knit Picks harmony straight needles. I think I have a pretty good idea what's going to top of my birthday list this year.

No comments: