Tuesday 1 May 2007

had my first exam today, so that's a little bit off pressure off. won't hear about results for a few days yet so i'm crossing my fingers. in between biting my nails and fretting over correct handwashing techniques among other things i managed to finish another scarf today (shade 7 in debbie bliss soho, picture to come at some point once i have 5 minutes to get the camera out) and the mitten gloves are coming along ok to say i don't really have the time to get a quality few hours of knitting in now and then, the only thing is they're masively too big for my odd shaped hands. i should point out that i'm something of an amazon woman, in fact clothes shopping is next to impossible for me. last week for example i went to buy a new spring jacket and ended up having to buy a size maybe 2 larger than i would normally wear as the sleeves on the smaller size came to halfway up my arm, shop bought socks (ladies anyway) just aren't big enough to accomodate my long but slim feet, and while i have hands the same length as my boyfriend who's very much a grown man they resemble very long thin almost alien hands meaning that it's tough to find gloves to fit comfortably, and don't even get me started on the trouble of trying to buy a new pair of trousers or a skirt. i honestly believe i've picked the right hobby in knitting as off the hanger garments are never right. anyway i think this first pair of gloves will end up going to the long suffering boyfriend as a reward for putting up with my snapping and sheer horribleness over the past few days (exam stress and i do not a pretty couple make) and i shall just have to tweak things slightly on the next pair to make them a little better suited to my preportions.

just one last note, for those people who've contacted me lately about fawne, the pattern came from rowan #36.

No comments: