Wednesday 11 April 2007




the ultimate unfinished object became a finished object last night. and not before time either, there were actually times during the knitting of it when i became convinced i would either lose my sanity and become one of my own patients wailing over and over about how the scarf's out to get me, or my long suffering boyfriend would decide that actually he'd suffered more than long enough at this point and get up and walk out vowing to himself never to get involved with a knitter again as they're just too much hassle. and i'd be left with an eventually finished scarf and only my cats and stash for company as i resigned myself to growing old alone.after i'd finished the scarf i naturally sent a very triumphant text to my mother to let her know my achievement (after 20 years i'm still running home to mummy whenever i do something well for praise and congratulations.) and after the obligitary pat on the back her next sentence read "i've got another 2 balls of that colour so you can make the shrug" i almost replied to say i'd have them, but thought better of it. my sanity is very very freyed right now especially seen as i've had around two weeks notice to prepare for my practical nursing exam which by the way if i fail i have to redo otherwise i don't get to do the second year of my course, that's two weeks to prepare and study every practical nursing skill i've learnt over the past year, including the ones they've not even fully taught us (long story short the tutors have said they will assess the mental health students on mental health specific skills and everything the adult students have been taught as well, despite us being told that psychiatric nurses don't do that). so anyway my sanity is very very freyed currently and i'm debating sticking to the more knitting as therapy end of the scale for the time being.

1 comment:

MRS MJW said...

That's a very pretty scarf!